The campaign that invites you to say "thanks" to the unsung heroes of public safety: America's 9-1-1 professionals.
Run for 9-1-1
An annual charity 5K run (or walk) to benefit the Friends of 9-1-1. Coming to Indianapolis, IN on June 11, 2016
Friends of 9-1-1
Telecommunicator Continuing Education Scholarship
NENA's Friends of 9-1-1 initiative is excited to announce the availability of five (5) Telecommunicator Continuing Education Scholarships. Recipients of the scholarship will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the NENA 2016 Conference & Expo
- Complimentary registration for a one-day pre-conference course of your choice at NENA 2016
- A $500 travel stipend
To be eligible, you must be a telecommunicator, call-taker, or dispatcher with at least one (1) year of experience and good standing with your current employer. You must complete and submit the scholarship application to be considered. Supervisory and other managerial personnel are not eligible. Scholarship winners will be notified no later than May 1, 2016.
April 1, 2016
You can help make a real difference by giving to those who serve us every day.
DONATIONS FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU SUPPORT THE INITIATIVES OF THE FRIENDS OF 9-1-1 PROGRAM, INCLUDING:
- Scholarships, continuing education, and career advancement opportunities for current 9-1-1 professionals
- Career training for military service veterans and high school, community college, and vocational students;
- Public awareness activities designed to honor 9-1-1 professionals and inform the public about 9-1-1; and
- Mental and physical wellness resources designed specifically for 9-1-1 professionals.